Sunday, September 25, 2011

Taxi From Airport

Tiger Muay Thai Review


Taxi from Airport

 
I used Tiger Muay Thai's (I'll just use the acronym TMT from here on) advanced booking taxi service.
I didn’t have to pay beforehand, however did email TMT a few days before my flight
was to arrive in Phuket. I emailed info@tigermuaythai.com and was answered by Martina. I gave her my arrival time and she confirmed via email that a taxi would be waiting for me upon arrival. (At first there was a small mix up, as I had sent a partial copy of my eticket to Martina which stated my departure time from BKK and arrival time in PKT, and subsequently she booked my taxi to arrive in Phuket Airport at the departure time of my flight from Bangkok… either she was legitimately confused or someone in the office was just fuckin around with me, I'm not sure J, however I had the issue quickly cleared up with another email).

FYI: It takes about 48 hours to receive an answer to any email sent to TMT, which I think is quite a long time.

After collecting my luggage, indeed there was a driver waiting for me with my name on a card outside (not in the arrival waiting area of the airport but rather just after it, upon exiting). He was friendly, helped me with my bags and took me straight to TMT (although he asked me if I wanted to stop and eat first which was very nice of him). The drive took about 50 minutes.

Speaking to several people at the camp who had arrived without booking a taxi, they told me that they had paid around 600 Baht for a taxi from the airport. So you are basically paying a 33% premium for the certainty of an honest taxi driver, although the airport was full of drivers that I'm sure are also fine to use.

1 comment:

  1. Writing a thesis paper would be completely a different experience for the students since many of the students will be dealing with the thesis paper first time in their academic life. The thesis writing service is very helpful for the students in completing their thesis writing task for a number of students. The chief reason is that the bulk of students lack skills and knowledge in writing a premiumThesis Writing servicethesis paper. But the writing services have got expert writers who are skills and knowledgeable to write a finest thesis paper

    ReplyDelete